In 1962, Ayn Rand was invited to write a weekly column for the Los Angeles Times. Her first column was a brief introduction to her philosophy, Objectivism. In this short course, based on a recording of Rand reading her column, you will hear her summarize her positions on the nature of reality, the efficacy of human reason, the nature of man, and the ideal political system.
Here are some of the questions this course addresses:
- What are the basic tenets of Objectivism?
- What is the nature of reason?
- What is man’s moral purpose in life?
- Why is capitalism the ideal politico-economic system for man?
- What is destroying capitalism?
To get the most from this course, it is recommended that you first complete the short Philosophy: Who Needs It course.